We’re celebrating our 2 month birthday by reminding you of some original bad bosses!
Detailed complaints from workers at these workplaces were up on our website until March 25. Then many of these non-essential workplaces were closed, or the bosses at the essential workplaces finally started taking physical distancing more seriously.
Were they finally listening to their workers? Not in all cases – most of them were just following government orders. They ignored health and safety concerns coming from their own workers, but shaped up once the government started recommending or mandating the exact same precautions their workers wanted.
But now, as businesses start slowly re-opening, keep this original list in mind. We hope they’ve learned their lesson – that BOSSES SHOULD LISTEN TO WORKERS WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH AND SAFETY – but we’re not holding our breath.
- 180 Smoke Vape Store
- City of Toronto 311 Tax and Utility
- Global Payments
- Fife House: see the story here
- Stag Shop: see the story here
- Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique
- Long & McQuade
- Value Village
- Wine Rack: Send your trusty wine workers some love by visiting them on Twitter: @Hackwine
- DTA Services Ltd.
- Cargill (Guelph location): Workers called it early on! We weren’t surprised by the huge outbreaks at other locations, and now there are 3 confirmed cases at the Guelph location: https://bit.ly/3dJMD1g
- Vision Truck Group Etobicoke
- Pet Valu
- Home Depot
- RTS Consulting Automation
- Wild Eye Designs
- Homes First Society* Workers called it early on! We weren’t surprised when an outbreak was reported: https://bit.ly/3bEbW3t
If you have a bad boss and want some help shaming them into respecting workers’ demands, fill out this form here: